Re: new camera

On Sunday 28 June 2020 11:30:55 David Wright wrote:

> On Sat 27 Jun 2020 at 18:44:18 (-0400), Gene Heskett wrote:
> > >
> > > This, combined with [1], gives us the probable answer.
> > > Another possible answer is that "quirks" parameter of uvcvideo.

> > > A *driver*? You already have one, it's uvcvideo. It says so in
> > > your dmesg, plain and clear as a day.
> > > Much better question is - what *userspace* part the thing needs?
> > > And the answer to that is:
> > >
> > > apt-get install uvcdynctrl
> >
> > On the machine it must function with:
>
> Perhaps you could investigate running the camera on something running
> buster or later, rather than on the wheezy machine.
> I assume you're not using the camera to actually control the mechanism
> being run by the wheezy machine.

Because a working, rigidly mounted camera can function as an edge
detector, yes, it becomes a valueable part of the calibration setup for
the machine.  But when actually operating, the camera has no direct
control over it. In fact, I've made provisions to remove it so it
doesn't get in the way once the measurements are made and recorded.

The machine would only notice it was crushing the camera when it crowbars
the 5 volts from the usb port. That would generate a big frownie and
some unprintable language directed at the guy in the mirror.

> Cheers,
> David.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)