Re: Support for AMD Ryzen 3 3200U

Nicolas George wrote:
> Hi.
>
> I need to buy a new computer. I am considering one based on the
> AMD Ryzen 3 3200U, more precisely the ZOTAC ZBOX CA621 Nano.
>
> From what I read on the web, it seems I would be able to get it working
> with Debian Testing.
>
> Can somebody confirm firsthand, for this processor or even better for
> this specific computer?

No problems with this, or the 3400G (4-core sibling) or the
2700x, or the 3600, or any of the EPYC series (Ryzen for
servers).

At this point, people should stop asking "Is this Ryzen going to
work with Debian" unless it has been introduced within the last 6 months.
The worst case scenario is that you will need a backport kernel
or amdgpu driver.

The 3200U is now 18 months old.

-dsr-