Re: Reminder about the Debian Code of Conduct

On Wed, 24 Jun 2020 Pierre-Elliott Bécue wrote:
Dear users,

In the past days we saw multiple emails discussing about non
Debian-related things and infringing the Code of Conduct[0] of the
Project in the same time.

Oh, crap. I think I know what this is about. Sorry everybody.

The Community Team would like to remind you that this Code of
Conduct is to be followed when communicating on any Debian
Discussion Medium, even by non Debian Members.

Following the CoC guidelines isn't hard, it's essentially about not
being unrespectful to other people,

Oh god. Look, this is about my signature, isn't it?

It's a joke, man. A reductio ad absurdum, if you will.

and it helps avoiding situations where any form of official
moderation would be needed.

Woah, slow down. If you really think it's a problem, I can change the
sig. All you gotta do is ask.

Anybody of course may have an opinion, but voicing it in
disrespectful ways can't be accepted, as it could drive other
members of the Community away.

Look, for the last time, it's not *my* opinion. It is (allegedly)
Horatio Nelson's. And the whole point is that it is a very, very DUMB
opinion. Held by nobody but chauvinist troglodytes that need to be
excluded from polite society for the good of all.

I know, I know. It is so sad. But there is no alternative if truly
open and accepting collaboration is to flourish in Freedomland.

In fact, the main point is that it is SO worthy of scorn that it needs
no more commentary than its own presentation, verbatim.

With best regards,

I hope that I have made myself perfectly clear so that you can stop
worrying and have a good week.

Next time (if there is one) maybe you could be a little more explicit
though?

And you will have to send me some links to videos of this Community
band, because I have never ever heard of them but I'm really into all
kinds of zombie apocalypse stuff.

[0] https://www.debian.org/code_of_conduct

--
Firstly, you must always implicitly obey orders, without attempting to
form any opinion of your own respecting their propriety. Secondly, you