Re: from screen to tmux

On Mon, Jun 22, 2020, 6:47 AM Victor Sudakov <vas@sibptus.ru> wrote:
Dear Colleagues,

I'm trying to switch from screen to tmux and for the life of me cannot
make it work the way I like. I have screen create multiple windows on
startup, by the following lines in ~/screenrc:

screen -t localhost 0
screen -t foo 1
screen -t bar 2
screen -t mail 3
select 0

I've tried multiple variants of ~/.tmux.conf and cannot make it start
with 4 windows. Tried different combinations of new-session, new-window,
attach-session, select-window and whatever, but when I run tmux, I just
see a single window.

What would be the equivalent of the above screen commands?

First, did you install tmux?  ("apt install tmux")?

And then, you begin with the "tmux" command.

Inside the session, cntl-b controls the session.  ("cntl-b ?"  for help).

Hope this helps.

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/