from screen to tmux

Dear Colleagues,

I'm trying to switch from screen to tmux and for the life of me cannot
make it work the way I like. I have screen create multiple windows on
startup, by the following lines in ~/screenrc:

screen -t localhost 0
screen -t foo 1
screen -t bar 2
screen -t mail 3
select 0

I've tried multiple variants of ~/.tmux.conf and cannot make it start
with 4 windows. Tried different combinations of new-session, new-window,
attach-session, select-window and whatever, but when I run tmux, I just
see a single window.

What would be the equivalent of the above screen commands?

--
Victor Sudakov,  VAS4-RIPE, VAS47-RIPN
2:5005/49@fidonet http://vas.tomsk.ru/