Re: where to find location info of photo?

Thanks to all that reply!

to mick:
i don't know where to find "separate file" in phone , i'm never aware it exists
both phone and gimp show a lot of info: Make, Model...
i don't know why location info is missing in gimp

to Eduardo:
cell phone shows street address in Chinese
i test your command:
$ exiftool -s image.jpg | grep '<part of the address shown on phone>'
it doesn't show street address

to all:
question i raise is much harder to solve than i expect
i give up
it's not very helpful even if it's solved
and i have other way to get around

On 2020-06-21 08:11, deloptes wrote:
> mick crane wrote:
>
>> I don't know anything about GPS
>> https://exiftool.org/geotag.html
>> seems to be saying that GPS is in a track log and not the image.
>
> Mick,
> if you have not enabled this feature, it will not be there

Yah! bottom posted
It's the OP they've got photos on their phone and wants to know where
they were taken.
From what I can gather the GPS data is in a separate file on the phone
so if using Exiftool you'd have to first put the GPS data from the log
file into the image file.

mick

--
Key ID    4BFEBB31