Re: dpms control?

On Saturday 20 June 2020 20:13:08 davidson wrote:

> On Sat, 20 Jun 2020, Gene Heskett wrote:
>
> Since we seem to be troubleshooting, what is the output of
>
>   $ xset q
gene@coyote:/media$ xset q
Keyboard Control:
  auto repeat:  on    key click percent:  10    LED mask:  00000000
  XKB indicators:
    00: Caps Lock:   off    01: Num Lock:    off    02: Scroll Lock: off
    03: Compose:     off    04: Kana:        off    05: Sleep:       off
    06: Suspend:     off    07: Mute:        off    08: Misc:        off
    09: Mail:        off    10: Charging:    off    11: Shift Lock:  off
    12: Group 2:     off    13: Mouse Keys:  off
  auto repeat delay:  594    repeat rate:  14
  auto repeating keys:  00ffffffdffffbbf
                        fadfffefffedffff
                        9fffffffffffffff
                        fff7ffffffffffff
  bell percent:  50    bell pitch:  400    bell duration:  100
Pointer Control:
  acceleration:  20/10    threshold:  4
Screen Saver:
  prefer blanking:  no    allow exposures:  yes
  timeout:  0    cycle:  0
Colors:
  default colormap:  0x20    BlackPixel:  0x0    WhitePixel:  0xffffff
Font Path:
  /usr/share/fonts/X11/misc,/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi/:unscaled,/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi/:unscaled,/usr/share/fonts/X11/Type1,/usr/share/fonts/X11/100dpi,/usr/share/fonts/X11/75dpi,built-ins
DPMS (Energy Star):
  Standby: 450    Suspend: 600    Off: 900
  DPMS is Disabled

But if I repeat that query half san hour later, something has re-enabled
dpms.  Murphy?

> Might shed some light. To somebody.
>
> Also, figuring out what "screen blanker" we are really dealing with
> might help. Any hits for this?
>
>   $ man -k kpowersave
>
> And do you have one of these?
>
>   ~/.trinity/share/config/kdesktoprc
I found this in that file:

[ScreenSaver]
DelaySaverStart=true
Enabled=false
HideActiveWindowsFromSaver=true
HideCancelButton=false
Lock=false
LockGrace=60000
Saver=KSlideshow.desktop
Timeout=300
UseTDESAK=true
UseUnmanagedLockWindows=false

> Honestly, that sounds pretty cool.

> >> What is your Desktop Environment?
> >
> > TDE r14.0.8, on stretch.
>
> So, weird KDE. Okay.
>
> Does systemd start tdm for you, or do you manually startx instead?
> Something else entirely?

tdm has its own startup, like old 3.5 KDE. Its unk if systemd is involved
by this user.

Thanks.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)