Re: dpms control?

On Sat, 20 Jun 2020, Gene Heskett wrote:

On Saturday 20 June 2020 18:22:56 davidson wrote:

On Sat, 20 Jun 2020, Gene Heskett wrote:
Greetings all;
I am running an app that gets messed up if the screen blanker kicks
in, so I used xset to shut off dpms. Has no effect.  So how do I
shut the screen blanker down for the jobs duration?

Since we seem to be troubleshooting, what is the output of

 $ xset q

Might shed some light. To somebody.

Also, figuring out what "screen blanker" we are really dealing with
might help. Any hits for this?

 $ man -k kpowersave

And do you have one of these?

 ~/.trinity/share/config/kdesktoprc

Building a device to rock the mouse back and forth at 1 minute
intervals seems like a huge waste of time and metal cutting tools
to make it.

Honestly, that sounds pretty cool.

So, how can I kill the blanker for several hours or all day/night if
need be?

What is your Desktop Environment?

TDE r14.0.8, on stretch.

So, weird KDE. Okay.

Does systemd start tdm for you, or do you manually startx instead?
Something else entirely?

--
@almightygenie 8 Jun 2020 | @Windex
  Thanks, Windex. That's a relief. Your drink is even more refreshing