Re: which package to file a bug against?

Hi Matt Zagrabelny,

On Sat, 20 Jun 2020 08:54:52 -0500
Matt Zagrabelny <mzagrabe@d.umn.edu> wrote:

> Greetings d-u,
>
> I have a new-ish laptop and a pair of the function keys (screen
> brighter/dimmer) are mapped to the wrong function (mic mute/unmute).
>
> Where should I look to file the bug?

Use reportbug tool to file a bug.

> I'm aware it is ACPI related, but I do not have any packages installed
> that have "acpi" in the package name.

Try this to list all packages that are installed and have acpi in
either package name and description:

apt-cache search acpi | while read package_name rest; do if dpkg -l $package_name &>/dev/null; then echo $package_name; fi; done

Also, kernel has support for ACPI.

And it's not necessary to know exact package which is to blame, as
package maintainers can reassign a bug report to another package.

Regards,
Marko