Re: technical terms overhaul

On 20/6/20 5:14 am, Eike Lantzsch wrote:
On the danger of starting a flame war ...
thinking about the article by Gunnar Wolf on Planet Debian

instead of "whitelist" and "blacklist" I would like to propose the terms:

Since the terms have nothing to do with race, then no. Are you proposing to rename everything with the word black in it? Sometimes a cigar is just a cigar.

"allowlist" and "rejectlist"
instead of (for example on disk drives) "master" and "slave" I like to propose
the terms:

But it is a master and slave relationship. So what? How is this related in any way to human masters and slaves?

"lead" and "lag" which are e.g. used when electrically managing two pumps
working on the same hydraulic circuit.

What do you think?

All the best
Eike
--
Eike Lantzsch ZP6CGE

Paradox: Getting live-updates about fatalities

--
Or people are just trying to start shit.
No, no - "People are just trying to contribute in the ways they are capable of" is the proper form; always look for positive-sounding equivalents.