Re: technical terms overhaul

Weaver wrote:
> On 20-06-2020 12:57, Dan Ritter wrote:
> > Weaver wrote:
> >>
> >> I think it's possible to get too politically correct.
> >
> > Try this phrase:
> >
> > "I think it's possible to get too polite."
>
> No, there's no value in twisting words.
> The wrong connotation gets promoted.

I have yet to see a use of the term "political correctness" in
modern speech -- say, since 1990 -- that did not mean "people
are being polite and I don't want them to be polite".

I'm open to correction if you have real-world examples.

> No insult was intended or implied.
> You prefer to see it way.

My ancestors were enslaved. If you didn't intend an insult,
you were not communicating clearly.

> >> Why are we attaching a concept like skin colour to list names as a
> >> serious proposition?
> >
> > Exactly. Since it doesn't matter to you, why not be polite?
>

> See how you've created a straw man to tear down by adjusting the
> terminology?
> Obviously it does or I wouldn't have posted.
> I always ask questions and never impose my standards on others.
> See the difference?

I know what sea-lioning is.

https://knowyourmeme.com/memes/sea-lioning

-dsr-