bug report

Hello, I found a bug on my system and tried to report it using the reportbug software. But as I don't know which packet is the cause of the bug, following the procedure of the reportbug software, I write here to ask what I should do.
My bug is that when I try to change the brightness of the screen either using the keyboard shortcut for that or the cinnamon graphical tool, the value in the file "brightness" located in "/sys/class/backlight/acpi_video0" changes but the brightness of the screen does not.
I have Debian 10 with cinnamon as desktop environment.
My hardware is a laptop "Why! P775DM3"
What should I do to report this bug?
Thank you
Gilles Wicki