Re: Installing Debian In Intel Optane System

On 2020-06-14 23:00, Athul Neelamparambil wrote:
Hi ,
    I use an Acer Aspire 3 laptop with preinstalled Windows. I tried to
install Debian in it but the HDD was not detected and when I looked it up,
I found out that my SATA was set to "Optane Without RAID" and to install
Debian, I have to set it to AHCI. When I did so, and tried to dual boot,
Windows won't boot without the SATA being set to Optane. I also found that
I could configure Windows to AHCI but then the performance of the laptop
decreases significantly (I use Debian for engineering purposes and normal
activity because it's the best, and Windows just to use some video editing
software).

    Is there any update on Debian which is present or which would come, so
that we could dual boot Debian in the Optane Without RAID SATA mode instead
of AHCI, so that the performance won't be affected? Now I run Debian on
VMBox, but one who loves Debian very much would never prefer it being
virtualized right. I really feel that this tech should be developed too
because Intel Optane is becoming popular too.
Hoping for a reply and let's build a great open source world together!

What is the make, model, and size of your HDD?

What is the model and size of your Optane device?

Which Debian installation ISO did you use?

Onto which device did you install Debian?

David