Re: How long will this take?

High security operations do this routinely.  They properly don't trust
parts are as labeled from manufacturers especially manufacturers that
send any of their stuff or get any of their stuff from China.
I'm thinking of the binary search method and am wondering if disk
operations of all sorts could be speeded up using it rather than
sequential searches.  Or is binary already used now?