Re: problems compiling linux-source-4.19

On Sun, Jun 07, 2020 at 09:23:17PM -0400, John Covici wrote:
> Hi.  I am having problems compiling the current linux-source4.19.  I
> am using the same config file -- just copied to .config, except that I
> had to get rid of the gpg key in the cryptographic api section.  I get
> the following error when trying to compile:
>
>   CC      arch/x86/hyperv/hv_init.o
>   arch/x86/hyperv/hv_init.c: In function hyperv_init:
>   arch/x86/hyperv/hv_init.c:338:52: error: expected expression before
>   , token
>     guest_id = generate_guest_id(0, LINUX_VERSION_CODE, 0);
>                                                         ^
> 											 make[2]: ***
>   [scripts/Makefile.build:309: arch/x86/hyperv/hv_init.o] Error 1
>
> Any ideas on how to proceed?
>
> Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

It is difficult to be certain, but I suspect that LINUX_VERSION_CODE is
not being defined.  That would result in the compiler seeing something
like this after the preprocessor runs:

guest_id = generate_guest_id(0, , 0);

That would be consistent with the error message.  Apart from that, I
don't have any idea.

Regards,

-Roberto

--