Re: Finding application's description

On Sun, 7 Jun 2020 at 00:37, Richard Owlett <rowlett@cloud85.net> wrote:

> I've just installed Buster and am selecting which apps on my Stretch
> machine I wish to continue to use.

> For some reason I had installed Gdebi.
> I can't find a good description on which base a decision.

$ apt show gdebi
[...]
 gdebi lets you install local deb packages resolving and installing
 its dependencies. apt does the same, but only for remote (http, ftp)
 located packages.
The package is also scanned via lintian before the install and its
 possible to inspect the control and data members of the packages.
This package contains the graphical user interface.