Re: Strange squealing noise from computer

On 5/29/20, J.W. Foster <jfoster81747@yahoo.com> wrote:
> So just to be fair this is NOT a Debian specific issue as I run several
> distros including Debian and Windows10. I have a recently built DIY computer
> that is making a LOUD squealing sound. I thought of fan bearings at first
> and I tried individually stopping each fan to see if the noise stopped one
> was bad on the Enermax 360 cooler so I replaced it. That seemed to get rid
> of the issue, but after about 2 weeks it returned even louder. I checked
> every fan but none were the culprit. I have checked the graphics card fans
> also and they are fine. This only seems to leave the Enermax liquid cooler
> as a possible issue.
>
> I have been on this list for MANY years and have an idea that someone here
> may have had similar issues. If so, please advise as to your solution,
> especially if the way it is mounted is of concern. Mine is mounted
> vertically with the tubes at the top going to the CPU mounting block. This
> is on a Ryzen 1950 CPU so I must have a high capacity cooler.

Apologies that I have no experience, well, beyond the little "Elf
sneezes" my ASUS exhibits, but it occurred to me to ask if you have a
way to post a sample sound byte that might help someone identify
what's going on...

Just thinking out loud.. :)

PS The "Elf sneezes" turned out to be a last minute warning that the
ASUS was overheating and was about to shut down posthaste, immediately
thereafter, even. :)

Cindy :)
--
Cindy-Sue Causey