Re: waaay offtopic

<andreimpopescu@gmail.com> wrote:

> > > I believe he is using passwords and his unwanted user can crack
> > > them. I agree it isn't clear whether he is using WPA or WPA2. I
> > > don't know the current state of play with cracking WPA2-PSK.
> >
> > Gene mentioned several times (in completely unrelated threads) that
> > he keeps the wireless turned off, because apparently his neighbour
> > is able to steal his internet more or less instantly.
> >
> > No mention whatsoever was made about what (if any!) wireless
> > security option is in use. It might as well have been WEP (which is
> > known to be crackable for many years now) or none.
> >
> > Or it might have been some incompetent or malicious[1] website using
> > up Gene's internet and the neighbour is inocent. Or a download
> > script stuck in a loop, or... etc.
> >
> > Occam's razor suggests Gene will be just fine with WPA2-PSK.
> >
> > [1] see Hanlon's razor
>
> Perhaps something is explained by
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2019/05/msg01315.html
> but I couldn't understand any of
> https://lists.debian.org/debian-user/2020/05/msg00736.html
>
> Cheers,
> David.

Obviously then you have never "reset" firefox.  That makes it a brand new
install, clearing ALL your passwds and logins and restoring ALL its
defaults. I still do not have full access to my bank although online
purchases are working. It did NOT warn me of that 'side' effect.  So
yes, I'm pi$$ed, I've had to do new passwd resets at all the places I do
business with. And while chromium has remembered a few of the renewed
ones, it is not saving them all. And I've yet to decipher why.  So I
need to pull down a whole slew of post-it notes and put up new ones.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis