Re: problem with slow network transmission

On Tuesday, May 26, 2020 4:57 PM, deloptes <deloptes@gmail.com> asked:

> Are you in VPN? this slows down things.

No.  Fortunately, I don't need it, because the VPN my employer has doesn't
work with Debian (and Windows users have some trouble too).

> Also what browser you use, cause I'm not sure there is a native webex client
> for linux. You must be using firefox or chrome

I'm using Firefox.  I picked up the browser extension for manual installation
here:
  https://help.webex.com/en-us/9q0glab/Manually-Install-Cisco-Webex-Meetings-for-Mozilla-Firefox
There's supposed to be an option to use a web app at the time I join a
meeting, but I've never seen that.

On Tuesday, May 26, 2020 5:11 PM, Stefan Monnier <monnier@iro.umontreal.ca>
wrote:

> It seems much more likely that you're hitting a problem in the software
> where the compression used is poorly supported by your client so it
> doesn't make good use of your hardware and does all the decompression in
> an inefficient manner, which your CPU is unable to do in real-time.

I've suspected as much, since other online videos play just fine.  Cisco does
say that Debian 8 or later is supported (and I have 9) with Firefox 48 or
later (I have 68).

Thanks.