Re: apt has a bug, cannot believe it!

On 25.05.20 22:34, Liam O'Toole wrote:
On Mon, 25 May, 2020 at 22:12:58 +0200, Erwan David wrote:
Le 25/05/2020 à 22:04, Marco Möller a écrit :
If installing (default parameters in use: with recommends) a package,
and right afterwards removing it, then the by recommendation drawn in
packages do not become removed automatically. The system is swelling
with no more wanted packages!
I hope I am simply missing the simple step how to return to the former
system state after having tested a package. Otherwise this is a bug.
To me it appears to be a severe bug, as apt is not managing the
packages in my system as expected.

[...]

dialog may be recommended by another package, in which case apt won't
remove it automatically.
That's my guess too. If aptitude is installed, the command 'aptitude why
deborphan' will provide the answer. If not, the command 'apt rdepends
deborphan' will give at least a clue.

Yes, I know. Sorry, I obviously was not clear enough in my question and need to complete it: Packages which before have been installed with "--no-install-recommends" might have some recommends defined in their control file. But is was explicitly ordered to not install the recommends. If afterwards test-installing some package WITH recommends and wanting to undo this action right afterwards, then the newly installed recommended packages remain installed because they appear in other package's recommendation lists, although for those other packages it was explicitly said that WITHOUT recommends was requested for them. 'apt' argues that those others packages would ask for them although for those other packages it was explicitly ordered that no recommends should be installed because of them.