apt has a bug, cannot believe it!

If installing (default parameters in use: with recommends) a package, and right afterwards removing it, then the by recommendation drawn in packages do not become removed automatically. The system is swelling with no more wanted packages! I hope I am simply missing the simple step how to return to the former system state after having tested a package. Otherwise this is a bug. To me it appears to be a severe bug, as apt is not managing the packages in my system as expected.

Commandline: apt install deborphan
Install: deborphan:amd64 (1.7.33), dialog:amd64 (1.3-20190808-1, automatic)

Commandline: apt purge deborphan
Purge: deborphan:amd64 (1.7.33)

apt autoremove

You might argue, that this is easy to solve. In this example, yes, it could be solved easily, especially as I remember clearly all the details of the screen output from a second ago. But I have tested (and removed) packages which drew in many recommended packages some months ago, and they are now all leftover in my system!

Even worth, apt is one out of a very few priority reasons to use Debian, or?

So, is this a bug and apt in the past managed the packages thoroughly, or am I simply missing the correct way how to test-install and purge a package without manual bumbling?

Asking for enlightenment! Marco