Re: best Debian available package to sync files

On Mon, 27 Apr 2020 02:30:53 +0200
"007@caiway.net" <007@caiway.net> wrote:

> On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 18:30:10 -0500
> Anil F Duggirala <anilduggirala@fastmail.fm> wrote:
>
> > I know I may be misusing the word "sync".
> > I would like to ask if anyone can recommend the easy, yet "free" way
> > of getting some kind of file synchronization with a remote (like
> > dropbox, or onedrive). What would be the best way to set this up
> > using packages readily available in Debian. Can someone recommend an
> > alternative to dropbox, onedrive or google drive, which maybe
> > provides more control of my data to me?
> > thank you,
> >

> Sorry, my mistake,
>
> To have a running FreedomBox, first install Debian (Buster or higher)
> on a <b>clean</b> machine.
>
> Then run:
>
> $ sudo apt install freedombox

https://salsa.debian.org/freedombox-team/plinth

FreedomBox is a community project to develop, design and promote
personal servers running free software for private, personal
communications. It is a networking appliance designed to allow
interfacing with the rest of the Internet under conditions of protected
privacy and data security. It hosts applications such as blog, wiki,
website, social network, email, web proxy and a Tor relay, on a device
that can replace your Wi-Fi router, so that your data stays with you.

I can tell you it is really nice.

Only problem I had: it is based on Apache, and I am used to nginx.