Re: best Debian available package to sync files

On Sun, 26 Apr 2020 18:30:10 -0500
Anil F Duggirala <anilduggirala@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> I know I may be misusing the word "sync".
> I would like to ask if anyone can recommend the easy, yet "free" way
> of getting some kind of file synchronization with a remote (like
> dropbox, or onedrive). What would be the best way to set this up
> using packages readily available in Debian. Can someone recommend an
> alternative to dropbox, onedrive or google drive, which maybe
> provides more control of my data to me?
> thank you,

Perhaps freedombox is what you are looking for:

in buster:

sudo apt install freedombox

https://freedombox.org/

Good luck!

Sorry, my mistake,

To have a running FreedomBox, first install Debian (Buster or higher)
on a <b>clean</b> machine.

Then run:

$ sudo apt install freedombox