Re: Activate the mouse after a reboot which didn't activate the mouse?

Some followup: on my Wheezy system, I find kpsmoused running, I don't see that
on either my Jessie or Buster systems.

I'm guessing that kpmoused might be what helps the mouse run in Wheezy / non
systemd.  I'm pretty sure that Buster is systemd, and maybe so is Jessie.  In
any event, I can't find an actual file named kpsmoused on any of the systems
(which surprises me on Wheezy).