Re: Anti-malware for my personal Debian workstation?

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020, at 5:40 PM, David Wright wrote:
> On Thu 23 Apr 2020 at 23:58:41 (+0200), l0f4r0@tuta.io wrote:
>
> > > "When you do things right, people won’t be sure you’ve done anything
> > > at all." - Futurama
> > >
> > Could you explain that please?
>
> If you're like me when you go for your flu shot, you offer your arm
> and look the other way. A good nurse will surprise you when they
> unexpectedly say, "All done".

I used to manage a group of system administrators for an academic department at a major East-coast University.  We used to say that "The best sysadmin is the one whose phone number you don't know."  The intention being that a good sysadmin will anticipate the problems and fix them before you, the user, even realize the problem is a possibility.  You never have to look up their phone number because you don't see any problems.  Being that good is hard work!  You have to keep up-to-the-minute-and-beyond on every aspect of anything that might affect your users.  Attend technical conferences; participate actively in you local professional society chapters; be alert and at your best when you get a trouble call at three in the morning, and so on...

Does that help?

Rick