Re: Can I install Debian on Raspberry Pi?

On 2020-04-17 15:55, Joe wrote:
On Fri, 17 Apr 2020 13:44:23 +0800
Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming <ceo@teo-en-ming.com> wrote:

On 2020-04-16 23:04, deloptes wrote:
> Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming wrote:
>
>> Isn't it better to install Debian in a virtual machine rather than
>> using
>> debootstrap?
>
> these are apples and oranges and BTW there is no virtual machine
> for RPI
> except qemu
>
> The question was how to install debian on RPI and this is what I
> did. From
> RPI debootstrapped debian armhf and copied the boot directory and
> the kernel from the raspbian installation.
>
> I wanted to test arm64 next but did not find the time yet.
>
> regards

What is the difference between armhf and arm64?

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37790029/what-is-difference-between-arm64-and-armhf

The original 1988 ARM and many generations since did not have floating
point hardware. It's only when multiple cores became popular that it
became worth doing. Floating point hardware was always a separate core,
(the 80486 was an 80386 plus an 80387 in the same package) using
microprogramming to provide the functions. The RISC ARM doesn't do the
CISC/microprogram thing, so a single processor would spend the same
amount of time carrying out the calculations whether they were a formal
FP instruction set or not, and the whole point of the ARM is that it is
smaller and simpler than a CISC processor.

A bit difficult for me to understand :)

-----BEGIN EMAIL SIGNATURE-----

The Gospel for all Targeted Individuals (TIs):

[The New York Times] Microwave Weapons Are Prime Suspect in Ills of
U.S. Embassy Workers

Link: https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/01/science/sonic-attack-cuba-microwave.html

Singaporean Mr. Turritopsis Dohrnii Teo En Ming's Academic
Qualifications as at 14 Feb 2019 and refugee seeking attempts at the United Nations Refugee Agency Bangkok (21 Mar 2017), in Taiwan (5 Aug 2019) and Australia (25 Dec 2019 to 9 Jan 2020):

[1] https://tdtemcerts.wordpress.com/

[2] https://tdtemcerts.blogspot.sg/

[3] https://www.scribd.com/user/270125049/Teo-En-Ming

-----END EMAIL SIGNATURE-----