Re: Reporting bugs in Stable

On Sun, 2020-04-19 at 09:43 -0400, Carl Fink wrote:
> Why is reportbug even in Stable? Why not just replace it with a script that
> says "Sorry, bugs in Stable are never fixed. Try Testing." Seriously, that's
> literally the Debian policy, that only security fixes are done in Stable.

I agree with your sentiments, but need to point out that some
applications are updated regularly in stable (Firefox-ESR is one that
comes to mind), and there are regular point-releases that contain
updates.

What applications do you feel aren't up-to-date enough for your liking?
I'm genuinely curious.

> So, actual question: how usable is the current Testing? Because Stable is
> ... not so much, and decreasing. (It's fine as a server OS, it's just as a
> client box that it effectively degrades over time as software upgrades don't
> happen.)

I run stable on a work laptop, it's quite stable (which is what I want
out of it)

-Jim P.