Re: For all specimens of Homo sapiens - about COVID19

On Sunday 19 April 2020 03:03:53 Alexander V. Makartsev wrote:

> On 19.04.2020 04:55, Gene Heskett wrote:
> > And it isn't even properly coded pgp.  Draw your own conclusions
> > about its veracity.
> > Cheers, Gene Heskett
>
> According to news on the Internet these kinds of bait-mail become much
> common these days.
> Every low-life scumbag is now trying to cash-in on Covid-19 theme.
> And this "beggar-mail" is not the worst of them all. These people work
> so hard to develop Covid-19 themed malware and cryptolockers, they
> register multiple Covid-19 themed domains to spread them, they spam
> emails bundled with all sorts of files aiming to exploit computer
> systems and often hit hospitals and healthcare sector.
> And for what? To get some made up currency which is just numbers and
> worth nothing.
> If anything, these people will destroy humanity, not Covid-19.
>
> As for Covid-19 vaccine, we are getting there. I know that because for
> past month I was running my systems in full power for BOINC project
> Rosetta@Home.
> Every research task is for Covid-19.
> This is what any sane person should do, and not ruin lives of other
> people for faux-currenccy.

This might be true, but my singular experience with boinc when seti was
turned off was enough to make me wipe it from the system as it insisted
on the highest priority the system could muster, leaving me with a
frozen, locked up system. Written by a bunch of windows people who
considered a linux box was something to disable if they could. Unless
boinc has been taught some manners, it will never again be installed on
any machine I control. But I have doubts that manners will ever happen
as long as winders nuts run it.

Cheers, Gene Heskett
-Ed Howdershelt (Author)
 - Louis D. Brandeis