Re: javascript (roundup)

On 17.04.2020 08:15, Russell L. Harris wrote:
On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 03:50:24PM -0500, John Hasler wrote:

Dan Ritter & Kenneth Parker: The mp3 link Dan provided works.  I
searched for it in the page source, but without success; so that I can
find the link to the next program, kindly tell me where it is buried.

Usually fastest way to find such links is to look at logs from Developer Tools, which are bundled with Firefox.
Navigate to a desired webpage, open the tools from the menu or hit hot-key "Control+Shift+I".
Select "Network" tab and filter by "Media", "XHR", "WS", "Other".
After that start the music from a web page and link for that song should appear in the DevTools logs, ususaly in Media category.
This technique is not 100% robust, because some sites make it so the songs come up in chunks, but it will work for the majority of sites.
It can be also used to directly download videos and other parts of sites, like _javascript_, images, etc.
Play around with the tools to get hang of it, and of course let the OST from Mr.Robot play in the background. :-)

--
With kindest regards, Alexander.

⢀⣴⠾⠻⢶⣦⠀
⢿⡄⠘⠷⠚⠋⠀ https://www.debian.org