Re: javascript (roundup)

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 03:50:24PM -0500, John Hasler wrote:
https://www.yourclassical.org/programs/pipedreams/episodes/2020/04/13

And file a complaint with them about requiring Flash.  There is no
excuse for that.

John Hasler:  I am glad you found that URL; it works, and I shall
bookmark it.

https://www.yourclassical.org/programs/pipedreams/episodes/2020/04/13

Curt:  I am running Firefox ESR 68.7.  It seems that about once a week
Firefox notifies me that it has automatically loaded an update and
must be restarted.  But Synaptic also shows 68.7 as the installed
version.

Dan Ritter & Kenneth Parker: The mp3 link Dan provided works.  I
searched for it in the page source, but without success; so that I can
find the link to the next program, kindly tell me where it is buried.

Andre & others:  This is a straight-out-of-the-box install of Firefox;
I do not recall disabling anything.  But in the normal menus and the
preference menu I find no mention of Flash.

It appears to me that Pepperflash is merely a wrapper, which takes you
back to Adobe and license agreement.

All that said, I would not install Flash if you held a gun on me;
there are better ways to obtain music.

I did install the Debian package "get-flash-videos" (that is the
Synaptic spelling; the package and the man page install as
"get_flash_videos"), but package appears unable to make sense of the
links on the MPR web page.

RLH