Re: multiple desktop environments and performance

On Tue, Apr 14, 2020 at 11:07 PM Anil F Duggirala
<anilduggirala@fastmail.fm> wrote:

> I would like to know if having multiple (say 3) different desktop
> environments would have an effect in performance of my machine, as
> opposed to having a single one. If I have Gnome already installed and
> then install Lxqt and Mate. Would you expect to see any effect on the
> performance when using any one of them? (as opposed to having only one
> installed) (I guess when I say performance I mean what a newbie like me
> means, snappiness, more resources available)

The answer to your literal question is "No, I would not *expect* to
see any effect" other than of course the obvious extra storage
requirements and the extra time it takes for you having to select
which one to use at startup.

Then of course there can be the odd bug destroying your expectations...