Re: Debian is testing Discourse

On Apr 13, 2020, Sven Hartge wrote:
> Nate Bargmann <n0nb@n0nb.us> wrote:
>
> [...]
> And I've also witnissed this in other contexts, be it in an Enterprise
> setup (where one group flocks to Confluence and the other stay in the
> mailinglist) or a MMO guild, where one group prefers to converse in
> Teamspeak and the other uses the forum.

forum-only people are filthy casuals and should be shown the door :)

> In all cases it lead to rifts and problems down the line.
>
> As hard as it is, one should commit to *one* communications channel and
> only one, as to not create parallel "societies".

In the groups I've been in, it was always that a formal discussion (e.g.
a quarterly state-of-the group / planning session), if held on
teamspeak,  was recapped on the most permanent thing -- that is, the
forums/mailinglist/etc.

--
|_|O|_|