Re: Improving performance: RAM or CPU speed

Celejar writes:
> I seem to have memory leaks with recent Firefox (currently 74.0.1-1
> from Sid) - memory use goes slowly but steadily up, and eventually
> gets maxed out and the system grinds to a halt. It takes a while for
> this to happen, but I find myself eventually needing to kill and
> restart Firefox.

I see this too sometimes.  Top tells me which "Web Content" process is
gobbling memory: killing it solves the problem (and closes the offending
tab).

I wrote:
> irritation of being required to create a new profile every time I
> upgrade Firefox).

> Interesting - apparently some people get this, but some don't (I
> update regularly from the Sid repos, and I don't generally see this).

How often do you upgrade?  I often go for months without doing so: that
may be why it happens to me.
--
John Hasler
jhasler@newsguy.com