Re: Debian is testing Discourse

On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 12:03:12PM +0300, Reco wrote:
> 	Hi.
>
> On Sun, Apr 12, 2020 at 10:57:05AM +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> > > Email is still important to me!
> > >   Fine, you can interact with Discorse by email rather than the web
> > > interface [...]

"...but we'll make your life miserable for that".

> The million euro question here is how actually good (or bad) is that
> "e-mail interaction with Discourse" is.

It's a subtle thing. As I said, there's no "reply-to". But since the
web view is the dominant one, mail users are second-class citizens
in every respect. "Everyone else" is seing things the same way (the
way the Javascript infested Discourse GUI imposes) except the two
stubborns still using a mail interface. That's a difference to a
mailing list, where it is normal that there is a multitude of mail
user interfaces (in our circles: elsewhere it's Outlook and you
can see the damage it causes).

I know I will be out here.

Cheers
-- tomás