Re: Command line tool to report free/used per partition

On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 11:07:40AM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
> On 04/11/2020 10:22 AM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
> >On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 10:21:16AM -0500, Richard Owlett wrote:
> >>I've a laptop dedicated to comparing space used by different install
> >>options.
> >>
> >>I need a command line tool report on spaced actually used on each
> >>partition. Gparted reports that by default, but I need a command
> >>line tool.

Less distant to gparted would be sfdisk. It'll let you access
disk partition tables. But it's not automatic either. And then
there's blkid, which will make educated guesses at which block
devices are out there (results might depend on you being root,
some cache states and perhaps moon phase ;-)

Cheers
-- t