Re: geolocation services disabled and Gnome maps

On Sat, Apr 11, 2020 at 09:37:34AM -0500, Anil F Duggirala wrote:
> On Fri, 2020-04-10 at 17:51 +0200, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:

[...]

> > Perhaps just a misunderstanding, and Gnome simply calls
> > "geolocation" [...]
> > I just don't know.

> Just fyi. I am on a machine with a newly installed Debian. No settings
> have been altered (including Location Services :Off). And I am
> connected to my apartments wifi and have not connected to any other
> network.

I believe you :)

I wasn't implying anything -- I was just musing about how complexity
tends to kill understandability. It's somewhat disheartening how we
do and promote free software to have users in control, and then, by
just piling gadget upon gadget we make that goal more difficult.

I have no idea on how to solve that.

Cheers
-- tomás