Re: geolocation services disabled and Gnome maps

On Fri, 2020-04-10 at 15:35 +0000, Curt wrote:
> On 2020-04-10, Reco <recoverym4n@enotuniq.net> wrote:
> > >
> > > It does and can quite often depend on *user configuration*,
> > > though, and the OP I
> > > believe has informed us he has *turned off* geolocation services.
> >
> > And GNOME Maps has this neat library as a dependency that can use
> > geolocation regardless of the said setting.
>
> So you're saying that Gnome Maps *uses* the geolocation library even
> in
> the case of a user who has explicitly turned that "feature" off in
> his
> privacy settings, in blatant disregard of those settings?
>
> That is really an egregious bug, then, and should be reported.

This is precisely my issue. I set Location Services to Off in Gnome
settings. And then a Gnome app, like Gnome Maps, provides me with my
location. If you can advise me on how to report this to the Gnome
people or to the relevant Debian team, I would gladly do so.
thank you,