Re: Debian Stretch broken !

Le 06/04/2020 09:08, Felix Miata a écrit :

[quote]
You are in rescue mode. After logging in, type "journalctl -xb" to view
system logs[/quote]

Did you do this?

I did it a few posts ago ; in the end of it were three identical red lines saying that there was a bad block on sda2... But, at this time I was in rescue mode, as the normal boot had not gone to its end and that I had had to reboot on rescue mode.

Ever since I disabled gdm / gnome as Andrei had suggested, I have been able to carry the boot process to its end, even though it is only on text mode.

I then ran again the journalctl -xb test, which gave something else than before. I was able to copy it to an external drive as a text file, which I have put at this url for you to download :

http://bdebreil.free.fr/journalctl.txt

 It should provide clues what needs to be done and/or what is
going wrong. If journalctl -xb produces more than one screenful, it's the last
screen or two or three that would be most important.

Please report what video card you have by doing this:

	lspci -nnk | grep -iA4 VGA

The important part of the output fills in these four blanks:

	[10DE:____]

Those four blanks are as follows :

(10DE:)128B for the video

(10DE:)0e0F for the audio

The whole output of
lspci -nnk | grep -iA4 VGA

has been saved as a text file and can be downloaded at

http://bdebreil.free.fr/lspcinnkvga.txt

Bernard