Re: cannot execute make-fstab in Debian?

Sorry about that.  I should have tested it first.

What I'm trying to achieve is to be able to save files and to run executable files (like  .sh file) from an NTFS partition of the hard drive, as well as from a USB flash drive.

It seems that in Debian, I can already do that in an NTFS partition of the hard drive, can you confirm?

As for the flash drive, I have to add this line to the /etc/fstab file (so I can run .sh files from the flash drive)

UUID=2E7B-BA02   /media/myflashdrive   vfat     user,rw,noauto,uid=1000,gid=users,umask=0,dmask=0,fmask=0,users,exec,x-systemd.device-timeout=5s,   0    0

In the other distro, I would delete the existing /etc/fstab file, execute sudo make-fstab in order to generate a new fstab file, and in that fstab file there would be a line for the flash drive.  I would then edit that line to make it look like the one above so that I can run .sh files from the flash drive.

As make-fstab command doesn't exist in Debian, I just added the above line to /etc/fstab and it seems to have solved the problem.  But can you confirm that line as well? I'm not an expet.

Thank you!

On Mon, Apr 6, 2020 at 6:02 PM <tomas@tuxteam.de> wrote:
On Mon, Apr 06, 2020 at 05:54:32PM +0800, kaye n wrote:
> Hello Friends!
>
> I assume this is the correct syntax?
>
> sudo make-fstab
>
> I can execute it in another distro but not in my Debian.

Perhaps you might tell us what the error message looks like. My guess
is that there is no command with that name.

Probably your "other distro" (which?) has a distro-specific command,
but we can only guess what it is supposed to do. Apt-file search
doesn't come up with a package providing a command with that name.

What are you trying to achieve?

Cheers
-- tomás