Re: [?]Identify BT Card, enable BT to pair with BT enabled Loudspeaker

On Mon, 6 Apr 2020 07:55:08 +0530
"Susmita/Rajib" <bkpsusmitaa@gmail.com> wrote:

> To,
> The Team Laptop,
> debian-laptop@lists.debian.org,
> The Team User,
> debian-user@lists.debian.org,
> Debian.org
>
> My dear illustrious Team Leaders,
>
> Good morning.
>
> I need help with BT card identification in my laptop, enable it and
> pair it with a BT enabled loudspeaker.
>
> My daughter, a Graphic Designer, does this so easily with her Doze
> laptop. Why should it be a problem with Linux, as all the core device
> programs are in assembly and c?
>
> I have posted my query as usual in the Debian forums, but that being a
> cacophonic fish market, wouldn't yield an encouraging result, as
> usual. The post is here:
> http://forums.debian.net/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=145792&p=718471
>
> I assure you that, as always, I shall post a [Solved] post in the
> Debian Forums in the end of this experience for future users.

Windows by default loads and enables almost every bit of software it
has. It's why a basic installation of Win10 needs nearly ten gigabytes
of code.

Linux, by default, loads what is necessary to operate it. Things like
Bluetooth are applications, which many people don't need (neither
my desktop machine nor my server have it installed) which you generally
have to install yourself. A lot depends on which desktop environment
you have.

My laptop has installed:
blueman
bluetooth
bluez
bluez-obexd
libbluetooth3
pulseaudio-module-bluetooth

plus assorted modem packages which I assume were either standard or
pulled in as dependencies. It certainly works with a bluetooth audio
receiver. If you don't have all those packages installed, get them.

Then read a few articles like this:

https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/Bluetooth

Arch Linux is reasonably close to Debian and does good tutorials.

--
Joe