Re: how to keep 2 PCs partially in sync

On 4/4/20 5:56 PM, tomas@tuxteam.de wrote:
To add one data point for that: the most cases (by far) I've needed a
backup is when I have deleted stuff by mistake. Close second is some
buggy software having deleted or mangled files I've needed. Last [1]
come actual physical damage to storage media.

Over-eager synchronization of backup won't help in the two first cases.

Cheers
[1] In between would perhaps be malware mangling the data: my platform
    has never done that to me, but on other platforms it seems to
    happen regularly.

-- tomás

I will agree. And from my point of view, it is a completely different function to synchronize data between devices (computers) and a different function of backups.