Re: how to keep 2 PCs partially in sync

On Sat, Apr 04, 2020 at 01:12:33PM -0000, Curt wrote:

[...]

> The problem arises when you "choose" to delete the wrong file by
> inadvertence; if you're only thinking "syncing," your sunk, but if
> you've backed up as well (and you ain't pell-mell), you're still looking
> swell.

To add one data point for that: the most cases (by far) I've needed a
backup is when I have deleted stuff by mistake. Close second is some
buggy software having deleted or mangled files I've needed. Last [1]
come actual physical damage to storage media.

Over-eager synchronization of backup won't help in the two first cases.

Cheers
[1] In between would perhaps be malware mangling the data: my platform
   has never done that to me, but on other platforms it seems to
   happen regularly.

-- tomás