Re: Missing a "9" (possible font missing)

On Thu, 2 Apr 2020 at 20:03, Dan Ritter <dsr@randomstring.org> wrote:
Beco wrote:
> Guess I was wrong. The problem persists, now it looks like the problem is
> Helvetica.
>
> I found this link:
>
> https://support.google.com/chrome/thread/2120514?hl=en
>
> I don't use chrome, I use firefox. But it appears that the problem happens
> in both browsers.
>
> Still a mystery.

Open up the offending page in Firefox. Find a paragraph where
the 9 is missing.

Use the three-bar menu, Web Developer, Inspector. That should
open up a debugging console underneath the webpage.

On the left of the debugging console you should see a tree of
HTML elements. When you mouse over them, they will be
highlighted and so will the relevant portion of the page. Some
parts of the tree might be folded down into triangles, which you
can open up.

Find the smallest element that contains the 9. Click on it in
the tree to select it.

Now look over at the right side of the debugging console.
There's a Fonts tab. It will show you the precise font being
used.

That is your culprit. Tell us and we'll see if we can help you
remove it.

-dsr-

Thanks Dan,

Did that. Still Lucida Grande.

I failed to install this font like 3 times from 3 different download sites.

Any official debian solution to it?

Thanks.

Dr. Bèco

--
Dr Beco
A.I. researcher

"I know you think you understand what you thought I said but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant" -- Alan Greenspan

Creation date: pgp.mit.edu ID as of 2014-11-09