Re: what do you guys think of this method of installing virtualbox

Hi,

31 mars 2020 à 14:14 de roberto@debian.org:

> On Tue, Mar 31, 2020 at 01:36:19PM +0200, l0f4r0@tuta.io wrote:
>
>> You should specify the version like the following:
>> apt policy virtualbox-6.1
>>
>> Not just:
>> apt policy virtualbox
>>
> 'virtualbox-6.1' is the name of the package in the Oracle repository.
> 'virtualbox' is the name of the package in the Debian repository.  In
> order to ascertain whether 'virtualbox' was installed from packages
> originating from a Debian repository, 'apt-cache policy virtualbox' is
> the correct command.

Right, I didn't pay attention to that, thanks ;)
I suppose "virtualbox" is mentioned because of it's presence inside jessie, stretch-backports and sid repositories (even if I have only buster configured)...

Best regards,
l0f4r0