Re: what do you guys think of this method of installing virtualbox

On Mon, Mar 30, 2020 at 08:38:29PM +0200, Michael wrote:
> On Monday, March 30, 2020 8:19:31 PM CEST, kaye n wrote:
>
> > But what if I want to get the latest version of virtualbox which is 6.1.4 ?
>
> you can get a list of all available versions with
>  apt list 'virtualbox-?\.?'
>
> and then just do:
>  apt-get install virtualbox-6.1
>
> > Thank you!
>
> urw
>
> in the future: don't just copy and paste anything you find on the web. try
> to understand what's the idea and then you can adapt it to your needs.
>
> but who am i to tell you what to do...
>
> greetings...

In the future: you might consider reading the entirety of the original
post.

Kaye is running Debian Buster and virtualbox is not available in Buster.
Hence the need to obtain it from a 3rd party repository (one provided by
Oracle/VirtualBox in this case).  Your suggestion, which would work for
someone running Debian Sid, will not work in this case.

Regards,

-Roberto

--
Roberto C. Sánchez