Re: what do you guys think of this method of installing virtualbox

Hi,

30 mars 2020 à 20:43 de guikaye@gmail.com:

> The reason I went with that > tecmint.com <http://tecmint.com>> 's method is because if I download directly from virtualbox's website ( which I think is a deb file?) and I execute the dpkg -i command, I get dependency issues.  But the virtualbox seems to have installed despite the dependency issues.

If you want to resolve dependencies automatically during installation try this instead of 'dpkg -i /path/to/deb' :
apt install /explicit/path/to/deb

NB: explicit path is the key here, so don't forget the prefix "./" if you install some package in your current directory otherwise apt will be looking into your repositories!
For example: apt install ./mypackage.deb
Just to make sure your system is not too bad, you can fix broken dependencies afterwards with one of the following two commands:
apt-get -f install
apt -f install
Best regards,
l0f4r0