Re: network-manager takes 1-4 restarts in order to recognize and connect to already-configured wifi network, USB dongle NIC

On Du, 29 mar 20, 13:46:05, G.W. Haywood wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> On Sat, 28 Mar 2020, Alan Tu wrote:
>
> > ... "Debian testing" system ... network-manager 1.22.8-1. ...
> > # systemctl restart network-manager
> > After one to four times of this, eventually network-manager
> > establishes the network connection.
>
> It seems to me that network-manager is only really useful for people
> with no more knowledge of their network configuration than the average
> Windows user.

It's very convenient on a laptop switching between various wireless
networks and has been quite reliable for me in the past years (don't
even remember how many).

Kind regards,
Andrei