Re: Casting handlheld devices on non-smart TV

On Du, 29 mar 20, 13:48:52, john doe wrote:
> On 3/29/2020 1:09 PM, Andrei POPESCU wrote:
> >
> > This will involve finding a supported SBC, installing Debian, installing
> > supporting apps on the smartphone(s) and hope it all works nicely
> > together.
>
> Do you have an example of those supported apps on the smartphone?

According to my Play Store library I was using BubbleUPnP.

With it I can "share" videos from the YouTube app on my phone to have
them play on my Android box. It works also to play stuff from the phone
on the TV.

Unfortunately with Kodi as destination the audio is not in sync, if I
use the box's built-in DLNA support it's much better.

As far as I know / understand none of the major streaming services (HBO
GO, Netflix, Amazon Prime, etc.) have support for DLNA, only Google
Cast.

Kind regards,
Andrei