Re: Any way to install debian without overwriting the existing grub?

On 2020-03-27 02:19, kaye n wrote:
Hello Friends!

I have a non-Debian distro installed on the hard drive so naturally it
already has grub.

Is there a way I can install Debian on the same hard drive without
overwriting the existing grub?

Thank you for your time!

Multi-boot involves effort and risk. I find it easier and more reliable to put each OS on its own disk. I keep /home on the system drive with as little user data as possible and put the rest of my data on a file server. My file server is also a CVS server, which facilitates synchronizing files between multiple machines and OS instances.

At some point, you are likely to find that you want both OS instances running at the same time. One option is to install a hypervisor in one system and convert the other system into a virtual machine.

David