Re: Re: Debian Squeeze Installer: HTTP proxy server to access outsideworld?

On Fri, Mar 27, 2020 at 12:15:09AM +0000, Liam O'Toole wrote:
> On Thu, 26 Mar, 2020 at 23:34:57 +0000, Diana Emefa wrote:
> >    I need http to access the outside world
>
> This is a mailing list. You have connected to the outside world without
> HTTP. I hope that you will continue to do so.

If we assume that the content of the OP's message is in the header,
then let's quote it here, so that it becomes part of the actual
discussion:

Subject: Re: Re: Debian Squeeze Installer: HTTP proxy server to access

So, first things first: do not install Squeeze.  That is Debian 6, and
reached end of life LONG ago.  It is no longer supported.

That said, let's move on to your actual question:

"How do I use an http proxy during the installation?"

The installer prompts you for the http proxy information.  You can simply
enter it into the box when you're asked for it.  E.g. if you're using
a squid proxy at 10.11.12.13 on the standard squid port, you'd type
something like:

http://10.11.12.13:3128

into the box.